- Delivery Mode
- 75% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Contact Us
Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The 42-credit MAT in Agricultural Education from Empire State College leads to initial and professional certification, and is designed to be completed in two to three years of part-time study. This program provides students an accessible and flexible route to gaining teacher certification in the area of PreK-12 Agriculture via the Residency pathway. The MAT in Agricultural Education is offered in a blended learning format that combines online courses, face-to-face requirements, and clinical experience through immersion in New York State schools. The curriculum provides a strong foundation in pedagogy linked to content, including preparation in child and adolescent development, multicultural education, use of learning technologies, assessment of learning, as well as agriculture-specific courses. This program also features extensive mentoring by program faculty.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW