Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
American Studies is the multidisciplinary inquiry into the history, literature, art, politics, religion, sociology and culture of the United States from its origins to the present. This interdisciplinary approach to culture and society is valuableas part of a general liberal arts education andalso is of particular importance in our increasingly multicultural society. The Advanced Certificate in American Studies exposes students to the foundations of American history and culture with particular attention to issues of race, gender, class and the formation of American identity. Primary and secondary sources are taken from multimedia examples inhistorical archives,modern film,advertising, architectural objects and performance art. Students will further develop their graduate-level analytic and writing abilities, as well as their advanced research skills.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now