Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The advanced graduate certificate in child and family advocacy will provide students with the opportunity to develop skills to better advocate for the families, children and communities they serve. Students will acquire greater knowledge of the regulatory environment and processes (both governmental and private) in the areas in which they work and will be better able to network within those environments.
More specifically, students in this certificate should gain analytical skills regarding community and institutional organizations, historical and cultural differences in human development and of power relations and justice. They should be able to apply these skills in a service-learning environment, in addition to demonstrating critical thinking and graduate-level writing skills in the online-classroom environment.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW