Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
SUNY Empire's Certificate in Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CCPI) is designed to advance undergraduate students in becoming skilled professionals who have the potential to respond to, manage and treat people in crisis. The CCPI is non-licensing and structured around courses that address fundamental aspects of how crises, disasters, and emergencies affect individuals, families, and communities, while examining the assessment, referral systems, and resilience-building interventions.
The CCPI incorporates a five-course curriculum that focuses on equipping students with fundamental skills through primarily advanced-level undergraduate courses. On the website, all promotional materials, and in the first crisis intervention course, prospective and current students will be notified that this is a non-licensing program. Current students who include the CCPI as part of their degree plan will be asked to sign a disclaimer that they understand that the program does not lead to licensure.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW