Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of Empire State College MBA: Healthcare Leadership
Leaders in today's complex healthcare environment must possess strategic awareness, visionary prowess, and operational expertise. The MBA in Healthcare Leadership from Empire State College is ideal for physicians, healthcare executives, and clinicians seeking to enhance analytical, leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills to effectively manage healthcare organizations.
As a Healthcare Leadership MBA student in the online program, you'll take courses in six core areas (economics, financial management, leadership, analysis of healthcare markets, health information systems and informatics, and operations management and quantitative analysis). You'll also be able to tailor the program to meet your professional interests and goals, and you'll have the opportunity to earn up to nine credits through case-based examinations.
The Albany Business Review ranked the SUNY Empire MBA in the top for new enrolments in 2021.
Courses in the Healthcare Leadership MBA program
- Mastering Leadership in Healthcare Organizations
- Analysis of Healthcare Markets and Health Policy Healthcare
- Financial Management
- Healthcare Economics
- Health Information Management and Informatics
- Quantitative Methods and Healthcare Operations Management
Strong Candidates for the Healthcare Leadership MBA
The Healthcare Leadership MBA is designed for:
- physicians who aspire to hospital or medical practice leadership
- health care executives and senior managers who seek hospital leadership positions
- health insurance, pharmaceuticals, HMOs, and medical supply managers who want to advance their knowledge and competencies
- clinical professionals who seek to strengthen their management skills
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW