- Designated As
- Plus Program
- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Advanced Certificate
- Contact Us
Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management from Empire State College provides students with a strong foundation to advance within the evolving HR profession, with coursework in: staffing issues, selection issues, developing internal talent, succession planning, integrating staffing activities with diversity and, equal employment opportunity initiatives, total rewards systems, compensation structure and systems, benefit programs, compensation and benefits legislation.
The graduate certificate is in complete alignment with the professional competencies outlined by the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), accepted globally as the highest professional standard for the practice of human resources.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW