Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Master of Arts in Learning and Emerging Technologies is designed for individuals from a variety of backgrounds, comprising a community engaged in exploring and researching the learning process, specifically with emerging online technologies. This program is appropriate for community college faculty, instructional designers, trainers in corporate and nonprofit organizations, K-12 teachers and international educators, among others. For a student, being part of this community of practice is to model the types of interactions and creative, problem-based activities made possible by using a range of technology tools for learning. The program offers five concentrations in instructional design, STEM Education and Emerging Technologies; Teaching and Learning with Emerging Technologies, Emerging Media and Technology for the Arts, Innovation and Management of Emerging Technologies, and an individualized concentration. The program is offered as a variable 30-36 credit program, with a 30-credit professionally-oriented capstone option and a 36-credit research-oriented option.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now