Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Arts from Empire State College is perfect for students who are relentlessly inquisitive about the world, who thrive on understanding how things work, and for leaders who want to learn from the great thinkers, artists, and scientists of the past in order to create a just, inclusive, and exciting future.
As a student in this program, you will build on a strong foundation of academic skills in areas like critical thinking, quantitative literacy, social responsibility, information literacy, and communication. Students can then work with our expert faculty mentors to build an individualized program that puts the student at the center of decisions.
This program is a flexible option that can be used to complete your degree, immerse yourself in your own interests and issues that matter to you, or gain core academic skills that are in consistent demand in the workforce.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW