Earn your Master of Business Administration online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
There is no GMAT requirement for admission to the MBA program at Empire State College. The MBA in Business Management from Empire State College is designed for aspiring and mid-career professionals seeking to enhance their analytic, decision-making, and communication skills in complex organizational environments. Empire State College students are motivated professionals seeking a graduate degree program that is adapted to their experience and expertise. MBA students in the program want to make significant contributions to their organizations in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors and to assume more significant management responsibilities.
The MBA is accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) and offers concentrations in Management, International Business, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Healthcare Management, Project Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Information Technology Management, Global finance and Investment, and Non-Profit Management.
Both the Project Management and the Human Resource Management concentrations have additional national recognition. The Human Resource Management concentration is recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management as being in alignment with the HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates. The Project Management concentration aligns with the requirements set by the Project Management Institute (PMI) for a Registered Education Provider (REP).
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
Courses you will take online
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Perspectives of Global Management
Track Courses - 27 credits
Students must take the courses from one of the following tracks that they declared upon admission:
- Global Finance & Investment
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resource Management*
- Information Technology Management
- Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship
- International Business
- Management Marketing
- Nonprofit Management
- Project Management
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now