Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of Empire State College MBA: Management - Online
The Master of Business Administration in Business Management from Empire State College is designed for aspiring and mid-career professionals seeking to enhance their analytic, decision-making and communication skills in complex organizational environments. Empire State College students are motivated professionals seeking a graduate degree program that is adapted to their experience and expertise. They want to make significant contributions to their organizations in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors and to assume more significant management responsibilities.
The MBA is accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) and offers concentrations in Management, International Business, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Healthcare Management, Project Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Information Technology Management, Global Finance and Investment, and Non-Profit Management. Both the Project Management and the Human Resource Management concentrations have additional national recognition.
The Human Resource Management specialization is recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management as being in alignment with the HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates through December 2025.
The Albany Business Review ranked Empire State College's MBA at the top for new enrollments.
Specialization Courses - 27 credits
Students must take the courses from one of the following 10 specializations that they declared upon admission:
- Global Finance & Investment
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology Management
- Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship
- International Business
- Nonprofit Management
- Project Management
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW