Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Bachelor of Science degree in Security Studies is a 124-credit program listed with SUNY and approved as a registered degree program through the New York State Education Department. It is designed to serve students currently working in public service, emergency services, law enforcement, and homeland security positions as well as those interested in these career paths. The contemporary security environment is multifaceted and complex. This program addresses that complexity head on by providing coursework in homeland security, research methods and analysis, information security, and a rigorous examination of the social, economic and cultural contexts of security in the United States and internationally. With this learning, students will become more effective in their roles within security and related fields.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now