Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Social entrepreneurship is defined as any innovative initiative that is designed to address social problems that have not been adequately addressed. While the goal of social entrepreneurship is to create a better society, it is not necessarily inconsistent with making a profit. In fact, there is a growing recognition that societal problems require partnerships involving business, government and the nonprofit sector. Therefore, social entrepreneurship requires innovative, even revolutionary, business approaches that achieve sufficient scope and scale to be effective. At completion of the program, students will be able to: understand social entrepreneurship as a vital activity and an opportunity for personal growth; describe and explore examples and models of social entrepreneurship; explore the different approaches legal structures (for-profit, nonprofit, benefit organizations), partnerships, alliances that support social entrepreneurship; and consider and the skills and knowledge areas required for social entrepreneurship
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now