Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
SUNY Empire State College's Master of Arts in Teaching in Special Education (Childhood, grades 1-6) program is a 45-credit, innovative, clinically rich, transitional B, approved teacher education program designed to meet the diverse needs and experiences of our students. Using blended approaches of online, face-to-face and video conferencing, this MAT in Special Education program is able to serve students in Buffalo, New York City, Rochester, Saratoga Springs and Syracuse. Completion of the MAT in Childhood Special Education program (and passing the appropriate NYS certification exams) leads to Students with Disabilities 1-6 Generalist Initial and Professional certification.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW