Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The advanced graduate certificate in women's and gender studies is an interdisciplinary approach to the study of gender and sexuality as social constructs and as objects of cultural analysis and critical discourse. By looking at gender and identity from multiple perspectives of literature, history, sociology, politics, science, cultural studies and the arts, the student will gain a deeper understanding of the construction of gender differences in relation to issues of race, ethnicity, class and sexuality, both in national and transnational contexts. Attention will be paid to the relationship between theory and practice, and historical and contemporary feminist theories will be viewed in terms of issues of social justice, gender equality, power and privilege, resistance and transformation, silence and voice and national and global change.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW