Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Certificate of Advanced Study in Environmental Justice and Inequality is designed to equip people interested in social and justice issues, including environmental professionals, community leaders, and advocates, with the analytical skills to deeply engage existing research and evidence on the unique environmental vulnerabilities faced by marginalized communities. This engagement uses a theory and case-based grounding in the structural and systemic factors that generate and perpetuate these inequities. The program's interdisciplinary approach includes tools and methods drawn from geography, sociology, environmental and public health, policy and law, sustainability science, and critical race theory. It builds upon these frameworks to develop new strategies for equitable and liberatory practice.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW