Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Bachelor of Science degree program in Dental Hygiene is designed to meet the transfer and continuing education needs of Associate in Applied Science Degree graduates in Dental Hygiene. This program will offer students a foundation of knowledge that will prepare them for the emerging roles within the dental hygiene profession. Emphasis is placed on broadening the career paths for practicing hygienists.
Foundation courses are in the areas of teaching, research and public health. As part of the capstone practicum course, students are given the opportunity to further explore a specific area of interest through an internship. Based on personal interest, students may partner with corporations, hospitals, public health programs/facilities or educational institutions.
As the dental hygiene profession continues to expand many career opportunities require advanced degrees. This degree completion program in dental hygiene is tailored to provide comprehensive upper-level studies that will prepare dental hygienists to adapt to the emerging new roles in oral healthcare.
Typical Employment Opportunities in Dental Hygiene are:
- Clinical Research
- Dental Hygiene Education
- Dental Insurance Companies
- Geriatric Facilities, Case Management
- Patient Advocacy
- Pharmaceutical Corporations, Sales and Management
- Pharmaceutical Corporations, Research and Development
- Public Health Agencies
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW