Earn your Associate of Science online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Associate in Science (A.S.) degree in Computer Science at Finger Lakes Community College is a technical degree, offering a solid core of required computing science courses.
An associate degree in computer science is an employable degree, which allows you to get a high-demand job while finishing the bachelor's degree. The online, two-year computer science degree at Finger Lakes Community gives students the essential skills that fill the skills gap in the nation.
Computer science impacts the world in countless ways. Computer scientists play a key role in developing technology and systems for many industries such as healthcare, government, business, and manufacturing. Computer science graduates are equipped with in-demand technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills employers need. The computer science curriculum exposes students to virtual reality, business analytics, and information technology.
Learn the foundations of programming and computer science while you finish your SUNY general education requirements and prepare to apply as a junior to cybersecurity or computer science bachelor's degrees.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
Courses you will take online
- Computing Sciences Portal
- Introduction to Programming and Computational Thinking
- Object-Oriented Software Development
- Technical Ethics
- Data Structures
- Discrete Mathematics for Computing
- Computer Architecture and Organization
- Computer Science Electives
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now