Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of Finger Lakes CC Computer Science AS - Online
The Associate in Science (A.S.) degree in Computer Science at Finger Lakes Community College is a technical degree that offers a solid core of required computing science courses.
An associate degree in computer science is an employable degree, which allows you to get a high-demand job while finishing the bachelor's degree. The online, two-year computer science degree at Finger Lakes Community gives students the essential skills that fill the skills gap in the nation.
Computer science impacts the world in countless ways. Computer scientists play a key role in developing technology and systems for many industries such as healthcare, government, business, and manufacturing. Computer science graduates are equipped with in-demand technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills employers need. The computer science curriculum exposes students to virtual reality, business analytics, and information technology.
Learn the foundations of programming and computer science while you finish your SUNY general education requirements and prepare to apply as a junior to cybersecurity or computer science bachelor's degrees.
Courses in the Program
- Computing Sciences Portal
- Introduction to Programming and Computational Thinking
- Object-Oriented Software Development
- Technical Ethics
- Data Structures
- Discrete Mathematics for Computing
- Computer Architecture and Organization
- Computer Science Electives
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW