- Designated As
- Plus Program
- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Associate of Science
- Contact Us
Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of Finger Lakes CC Engineering AS - Online
The online A.S. in Engineering Science from Finger Lakes Community College provides a core education in mathematics, science, and introductory engineering, and will prepare you to pursue a bachelor's degree in any engineering field. The curriculum has calculus, physics, chemistry, engineering graphics, computer programming, mechanics, thermodynamics, electric circuits, the strength of materials, and engineering design. Gear up for an engineering career that features invention and innovation, sharpens your analytical skills and prepares you for a bachelor's degree in engineering.
After earning an associate degree in engineering, you can apply for transfer to a four-year engineering school as a junior. The engineering program at Finger Lakes Community College is a member of the State University of New York Two Year Engineering Science Association (SUNY-TYESA), which creates a partnership between two-year engineering programs and four-year engineering schools. SUNY campus partnerships facilitate a seamless transfer process.
Courses in the Engineering AS Program
Courses in the engineering program are
- SUNY general education courses
- Calculus I, II, and III
- Engineering Graphics
- Computing for Engineers
- Engineering Design
- Electrical Circuits
Multiple SUNY Schools Ranked in the Top Over the Years
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW