Earn your Associate of Applied Science online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of Finger Lakes Community College Networking and Cybersecurity AS - Online
Finger Lakes Community College's Associate in Applied Science in Networking and Cybersecurity degree prepares you to be a leader in the rapidly evolving cybersecurity landscape. The world demands quicker and easier access to online information, and as a result, networks are vulnerable to attacks. Companies, governments, communities, and households depend on networks to keep them connected, informed, and on top of daily life. Relying more on technologies and networks to complete all daily tasks, putting us at risk for invasion, theft, and cyber threats. You will learn the skills and gain the experience critical for accessing, responding to, and preventing these dangers.
Analysts are needed to create innovative solutions to prevent hackers from stealing critical information or causing problems for computer networks. The online networking and cybersecurity degree equips you with the experience to master these real-world problems. You will have access to cutting-edge resources, allowing you to gain a vast amount of hands-on experience through simulations of real-world scenarios.
Graduates of the online AAS in Networking and Cybersecurity can enter the workforce or transfer to information technology degrees or computer science programs online to expand their skills and earn one of the 4 million unfilled cybersecurity jobs worldwide.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
Courses you will take online
Courses in the Networking and Cybersecurity program are:
- Computing Sciences Portal
- Intro to Programming
- Networking Technologies
- Routing and Switching
- Principles of Information Security
- Hardware and Operating Systems
- Linux Ethical Hacking
- Digital Forensics
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW