Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
If you envision yourself working in the classroom, FLCC's teaching assistant certificate program is designed for you! In this program, you'll complete courses that will prepare you to test for certification through the New York State Department of Education. You will take courses in humanities, social science and math. You will also benefit from two required courses, EDU 101 Teacher Assistant I and EDU 102 Teacher Assistant II, which will prepare you for teacher assistant positions in the area of public education. These courses focus on federal and state laws and regulations, child and adolescent development and learning, classroom and behavior management and instructional strategies.
After graduation, you will be eligible to apply for the teaching assistant level III certification through the New York State Department of Education. You may also choose to progress to FLCC's A.A. childhood education (teacher education transfer) degree program or the A.A. liberal arts and sciences degree program.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now