- Designated As
- Plus Program
- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Advanced Certificate
- Contact Us
Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
As more children who speak languages other than English enroll in schools, the demand for certified bilingual (BLE) teachers is growing. SUNY Fredonia’s degree program offers you the opportunity to engage in the latest research-based teaching theories and methods, grounded in cultural and linguistic contexts, so you can become a successful, strong bilingual teacher informed in best practices for working with emergent bilingual students. If you are committed to life-enhancing multilingual and multicultural student learning, prepared to teach and learn with students from diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds, and willing to meet rigorous professional standards, this program is right for you. This eighteen (18) credit hour program leads to a recommendation for a Bilingual Extension to any NYS certification (except ESOL).
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW