Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
As more children who speak languages other than English enroll in schools, the demand for ENL(English as a New Language) teachers is growing. SUNY Fredonia’s program offers you the opportunity to engage in the latest research-based teaching theories and methods, grounded in cultural and linguistic contexts, so you can become a successful, strong teacher informed in best practices for working with this special group of emergent bilingual students. With a valid initial NYS certification, this 30 credit-hour program is called Option 1 and includes an MSED plus recommendation for NYS ESOL certification. Without a valid initial NYS ESOL certification, this 40 credit-hour program is called Option 2 and also includes an MSED plus recommendation for NYS ESOL certification. There is a NYS requirement for twelve (12) credit hours of Language Other Than English (LOTE) in addition to the main program of study credits. Previous language courses/experiences can count toward the LOTE is fulfilled.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW