Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Graphic Design program provides students with a foundation in the design process and problem solving based on both traditional and contemporary practices. Graphic design involves the use of specialized software combined with creativity to create strong visual communications using type and images. In this program, students will learn the artistic design strategies and technical skills needed across print and digital media. Coursework often includes creating logos, developing collateral for various types of clients, and designing layouts for print and web productions.
This program is intended for students interested in pursuing a career in a visual communication art field and will transfer to a baccalaureate program. This program meets the SUNY Transfer Path for Design. With completion of the associate degree (courses with “C” or higher), students will achieve junior status when transferring into a related program at the SUNY four-year institution.
Students matriculated in the Graphic Design program must achieve a minimum grade of C in each graphic design core course in order to continue on to the next course in the sequence and to qualify for graduation.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW