Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The mission of the Health Information Management/Medical Records Program at SUNY Broome is to prepare confident, innovative, contributing professionals who can identify and use a variety of information resources and technologies to accomplish the objectives of diverse practice environments. It provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to become self-directed learners who possess critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities, as well as communication and interpersonal skills. It instills a commitment to life-long learning and important ethical values. As practitioners, graduates of this program will serve society and the profession through collaborative practice, innovative teaching, and the generation and application of new knowledge about health information management.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW