Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Cybersecurity & Digital Forensics AS from Herkimer Community College prepares students to work in the investigatory side of the field of Cybersecurity. Digital forensic examiners are the first responders in cybercrime, corporate crime, identity theft, and cyber-terrorism. Digital forensics tasks include identification of cyber threats and intrusions, assessment of cyberattack impacts, and cause and origin investigations. Successful students will gain the knowledge and skills to transfer to four-year degree programs for further specialization or to gain employment with government or private sector cyber security units.
The goals of this program are to:
• introduce students to the skills and knowledge needed to work within the field of cybersecurity;
• introduce students to critical thinking skills by emphasizing thoroughness of topic research and exploration as well as creative problem solving within their discipline and related disciplines; and
• prepare students with an understanding of proactive approaches to deter cybercrime and to investigate and apprehend those who break the law.
Successful graduates from this program will be able to:
• express knowledge of fundamental criminal justice, information security, cyber intelligence, and computer forensics;
• utilize critical thinking skills by emphasizing thoroughness of topic research and exploration as well as creative problem solving within their discipline and related disciplines; and
• express knowledge of proactive approaches to investigating and apprehending, or deterring cybercriminals.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW