Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Criminal Justice A.A.S. program is designed to prepare students for careers in criminal justice agencies as paraprofessionals in law enforcement, criminal investigation, probation, parole and similar fields. A three-credit internship experience is designed to integrate the theoretical knowledge learned in the classroom with the practical knowledge of working in the field. Graduates are prepared to: - Effectively engage in proactive approaches to deter crime and to investigate and apprehend those who break the law - Participate in the field of corrections in the areas of detention, supervision, administration and rehabilitation of incarcerated persons or those who obtain alternatives to incarceration- Contribute to the criminal justice system as professionals in Federal and State courts - Successfully perform operations necessary to ensure security in both the private and public sector - Demonstrate an understanding of police ethics and how to resolve issues of an ethical nature - Demonstrate an understanding of our correctional system, the concepts of probation and parole, the nature of punishment and trends in corrections
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now