Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Criminal Justice A.A.S. program is designed to prepare students for careers in criminal justice agencies as paraprofessionals in law enforcement, criminal investigation, probation, parole and similar fields. A three-credit internship experience is designed to integrate the theoretical knowledge learned in the classroom with the practical knowledge of working in the field
The goals of this program are to:
• introduce students to the proactive and reactive approaches in crime deterrence, investigation, and apprehension of those who break the law;
• introduce students to the field of corrections with a focus in the areas of detention, supervision, administration and rehabilitation of incarcerated persons and alternatives to justice; and
• provide students with an overview of different types of law and provide knowledge of different crime control philosophies currently and historically used within the criminal justice system.
Successful graduates from this program will be able to:
• compare and review proactive and reactive approaches in crime deterrence, investigation and apprehension of those who break the law;
• express knowledge in the field of correction with focus in areas of detention, supervision, administration and rehabilitation of persons and alternatives to justice; and
• distinguish between different types of law and express knowledge of different crime control philosophies currently and historically used within the criminal justice system.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW