Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Human Services program is designed to prepare students for a career in a variety of human service agencies. Students may, for example, find employment as case managers, social work assistants, family advocates, residential counselors or classroom assistants.
Students may work with a variety of populations, such as the physically or developmentally disabled, elderly, youth at risk or individuals in crisis.
The goals of this program are to:
• introduce the student to the many populations and services provided in the field of human services;
• prepare students to pursue continuing education to maintain "best practice" in their employment position and/or an advanced degree in the career of their choice; and
• prepare students for a variety of entry-level human service job opportunities.
Successful graduates from this program will be able to:
• identify normal developmental trends throughout the life span and recognize deviations from normal development;
• identify the social systems that impact the individual's behavior;
• communicate effectively with a variety of populations;
• accurately document case records;
• identify community services available to assist clients;
• abide by the Ethical Standards of Human Service Professionals; and
• gather and apply credible and valid information to guide practice.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW