Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The General Studies AA program from Herkimer County Community College is designed to expose students to broad areas of human knowledge—the humanities and fine arts, the natural sciences and mathematics, and the social sciences. Students work closely with an advisor to tailor a specific program according to their needs and interests. This advising is of particular value to students who may be uncertain of the major they wish to pursue when they enter the College. General Studies students are well prepared to pursue a bachelor's degree or to take advantage of specialized training offered by future employers.
The goals of this program are to:
• introduce students to broad areas of human knowledge- the humanities and fine arts, the social sciences, the natural sciences and mathematics; and
• promote critical thinking skills, data analysis and creative problem solving.
Successful graduates from this program will be able to:
• differentiate, summarize, identify and apply broad areas of human knowledge the humanities and fine arts, the social sciences, the natural sciences and mathematics; and
• analyze, evaluate said data/information and justify a solution.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW