Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Liberal Arts & Sciences: Humanities AA from Herkimer County Community College teaches students about humanity through exploration of the art, music and literature of various cultures throughout the ages. It is designed to prepare students to transfer to four-year colleges to continue studies in writing, literature, speech, interpersonal relations, journalism, communication, music, art, philosophy or religion.
The goals of the AA degree program are to:
• provide students with the opportunity to explore the humanistic tradition through an emphasis on the search for moral, social and political alternatives and meanings as embodied in the institutions, culture and literature of ancient and contemporary civilizations;
• introduce critical thinking skill through an emphasis on rational methods and creative problem solving through electives in writing, literature, speech, interpersonal relations, journalism, communications, music, art, philosophy and religion; and
• develop students' aesthetic awareness and the ability for self-expression.
Successful graduates from this program will be able to:
• identify, describe and explain the humanist perspective in the culture, traditions, institutions and art of ancient and modern civilizations;
• analyze and interpret cultural structures and artifacts with critical thinking; and
• evaluate the aesthetic awareness and self-expression of themselves and others.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW