Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Liberal Arts & Sciences: Social Science degree from Herkimer County Community College is designed to help students understand the sources of human behavior. It offers courses in history, political science, psychology, sociology, geography, economics and anthropology. As a result of taking these courses, a student will understand more fully such topics as prejudice, family life, democracy, human personality, crime, poverty, unemployment and inflation. The program prepares students for careers in law, government, social work and teaching. It is also designed for students who plan to transfer to four-year colleges to major in social science.
The goals of this program are to:
• introduce the student to the concepts, theories, and methodologies associated with various disciplines in the Social Sciences including, but not limited to Economics, History, Geography, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology and Political Science;
• ensure students satisfy the following SUNY General Education requirements: Social Science, American History and/or Western Civilization.
Successful graduates from this program will be able to:
• utilize knowledge management, illustrate ethics and social responsibility, and identify methodologies associated with, but not limited to, economics, history, geography, anthropology, sociology, psychology and political science; and
• complete and satisfy the following SUNY General Education requirement in: social sciences, American history and/or Western Civilization.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW