- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Associate of Applied Science
- Contact Us
Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Travel and Events Management program from Herkimer County Community College prepares graduates for a wide variety of employment opportunities in the travel, hospitality and events planning fields.
The degree blends hospitality business operations in fundamental areas such as: convention, conference, meeting and event planning, management of hotel sales and operations and guest services. Students also gain an understanding of the tourism industry and its dynamics.
A hands-on internship experience is built into the program. Internships range from 60-120 hours and 3-6 credits. Sites include hotels, resorts, convention centers, event management companies, airlines, convention and visitor's bureau, Walt Disney World, and the American Hospitality Academy. Courses are taught in the newly designed travel suite which features a hotel front desk, meeting facilities, computer lab and a research center.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW