Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Homeland Security & Emergency Management A.S. from SUNY Broome prepares students for positions in fields such as homeland security, emergency management, and criminal justice, in both government and private organizations. Courses are taught by faculty with real-world experience. The program features a blend of SUNY General Education and Liberal Arts requirements, along with coursework specific to homeland security, emergency management, criminal justice, and fire science.
This program promotes critical thinking, professionalism, and ethical responsibility. The Homeland Security & Emergency Management A.S. program prepares students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities to complete a Bachelor's degree in Homeland Security, Emergency Management, or related programs.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW