Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Criminal Justice A.A.S. degree prepares you for a career in the criminal and juvenile justice systems. Graduates can, after meeting civil service requirements, enter law enforcement, investigation, crime prevention and corrections on the federal, state and local level.
Opportunities for employment in private organizations are also available. Some graduates continue their education in pursuit of bachelor's degree and beyond, while others enter the workforce immediately following completion of the A.A.S. degree.
The college has several well-established articulation agreements for this program. The Hudson Valley Criminal Justice program is annually ranked by Community College Week as one of the most productive education programs of its kind in the country. In a 2015 report, Hudson Valley ranked 12th nationally among all two-year colleges in the number of criminal justice associate degrees granted.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW