Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Fitness Specialist certificate program is designed for those who wish to find or build upon a career in the growing fitness industry. Whether you want to start a career in the fitness field or are already working and wish to increase your knowledge and skills, this certificate program can help you achieve your goals. After completing this program, you will have foundational knowledge to sit for professional examinations offered by the American College of Sports Medicine, the American Academy of Health Professionals, Cooper Institute and the National Academy of Sports Medicine. The program also may benefit those working in other allied health professions who wish to supplement their services by including exercise as part of a health and wellness program. Those wishing to begin their own fitness/personal training business can also benefit from elective courses in entrepreneurship and sports management.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now