Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Liberal Arts and Science - Humanities and Social Science degree parallels the first two years of a baccalaureate level program in the liberal arts. The curriculum provides a foundation of core courses, and electives allow you to discover a breadth of knowledge and focus on a particular field of study. Students in this program also have the opportunity to pursue dedicated SUNY Transfer Paths. The tracks offered in this program help students transfer seamlessly from coursework at Hudson Valley to associated programs at SUNY four-year colleges and universities. These tracks parallel the first two years of a bachelor's degree program and include the following: Art History and Gallery Studies, Communications (Media), Communication (Non-Media), English, History, Political Science, and Psychology. Highly motivated students may consider entering the college's HonorScholar program. The majority of students graduating from the Liberal Arts and Sciences - Humanities and Social Science program continue their education at a four-year college or university. This is primarily a transfer program.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now