Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Teaching Assistant certificate provides you with the foundation to work as a teaching assistant in public and private schools. Teaching assistants work in the classroom to provide direct instructional support to students under the supervision of a licensed teacher.
All teaching assistants in New York State are required to obtain certification, and this program can fulfill that requirement. Coursework in the program also may be applied directly to the Early Childhood associate degree program at the college.
This academic program is primarily designed for those who wish to enter the workforce immediately following graduation.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW