Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This degree program is designed for students who are interested in future employment within the field of alcohol, substance abuse and other addiction treatment. Graduates of the program will fulfill New York State’s educational requirements for a CASAC-TR license.
Students in the program will develop knowledge of the nature and history of addiction and chemical dependency, and learn skills needed for intake assessment, treatment planning, case management, individual and group counseling. Students will participate in a fieldwork experience which provides 135 hours of practical, supervised field experience in an addictions agency.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW