Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The A.S. degree prepares you for transfer to complete a bachelors degree in social work, psychology, human services, or addictions counseling. You will also earn your educational hours to gain state certification as an addictions counselor. During your time at JCC, youll complete fieldwork experience with agencies qualified by the NYS Office of Mental Health. Youll learn about the profession and develop your strengths through real-world experience while positively impacting lives.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now