Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This program was developed at the request of, and in cooperation with, the New York State Association for Superintendents of School Buildings and Grounds (SBGA), which represent 600 schools and 30 BOCES Systems of Superintendents of Buildings and Grounds and all related personnel.
The program prepares personnel for management positions in school buildings and grounds, and further enhances the skills of those already occupying such positions. Graduates will be effective and efficient in decision making situations in facilities management, equipped to stay abreast of critical issues in their changing environment.
Emphasis is on courses in Facilities Maintenance, Basic Education Law, Public Health and Safety in Schools, and New York State Public School Budgeting and Accounting.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW