Earn your Associate of Science online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of Monroe CC Business Admin: Business - Online
The business administration degree from Monroe Community College is equivalent to the first two years of a bachelor's degree program. This program prepares students for majors in accounting, finance, management, marketing, human resources, economics, entrepreneurship, e-business, small business management, and other business-related fields.
The Business Administration AS from Monroe Community College includes nine credit hours of business electives and general electives. This permits the student to pursue either of two alternative courses of action:
- Build a concentration in a specific business area by taking courses with the following prefixes: ACC, BUS, ECO, MAR, or
- Acquire up to six credit hours of non-business course work with a view toward imparting the greatest measure of transfer potential for upper-level programs elsewhere.
Students who plan to transfer to a SUNY school should use these credits towards completion of the SUNY General Education requirements.
Requirements for the Program
Students who are interested in the associate degree need:
- MTH 104 - Intermediate Algebra - with a grade of C or higher,
- MCC Level 8 Mathematics Placement,
- or permission of the Business Administration Department Chairperson.
Students who place at MCC Level 4 - 7 in the Mathematics Placement require permission from the Business Administration Department Chairperson. Students who place at MCC Level 8 in Mathematics or higher will automatically meet the admission requirement.
A Level 8 math student must take MTH 165 - College Algebra. Level 9 or Level 10 math students do not need to take College Algebra and may take an open elective instead. Students below Level 8 math can work with their advisor for guidance.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
Courses you will take online
Business courses in the associate degree are:
- SUNY general education requirements
- Intro to Business
- Accounting Principles I and II
- Business Law
- Principles of Marketing
- Micro and Macroeconomics
- Management or Organizational Behavior
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW