Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Cinema and Screen Studies Program offers a strong Liberal Arts perspective on motion picture and television history, culture, theory, and production. Students are introduced to cinema as a medium of mass communication which combines two art forms, photography and theater, to communicate powerful stories with vivid pictures and strong emotion. Students investigate cinema and television through critical studies and create images of their own through scriptwriting and introductory production opportunities. Finally, students gain an appreciation for cinema and television from a commercial standpoint since these media exist not only in the marketplace of ideas but also as end products of an industrial enterprise. Upon completion of this degree, students are able to continue their studies at baccalaureate film or mass media degree programs where they apply what they have learned at MCC to more advanced studies in this or related fields.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now