Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This Liberal Arts & Sciences: General Studies AS from Monroe Community College is designed for students seeking a flexibility in selecting courses consistent with their individual needs and interests while simultaneously acquiring a general education foundation in the liberal arts and sciences.
A minimum of 32 credit hours of coursework must be taken in the arts/humanities, the social sciences, the natural sciences, and mathematics with a reasonable distribution. Students uncertain about their long-term educational and career plans will find that the General Studies program provides a valuable opportunity to explore and test their interests.
Other students with special educational goals relating to either immediate employment upon graduation or further study toward a bachelor's degree should consider this program to meet their needs. Students intending to use the General Studies program as a basis for baccalaureate study and transfer should make certain that their course selections meet the requirements of the colleges to which they plan to transfer.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW