- Designated As
- Plus Program
- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Associate of Science
- Contact Us
Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of Monroe CC Mathematics AS - Online
An online Mathematics A.S. from Monroe Community College can be the first half of an equation that adds up to a math bachelor's degree or 4-year degree in another field. The math program is intended for students planning to transfer to a four-year college to major in mathematics, applied mathematics, mathematics education, or statistics. Transfer students from Monroe Community College's math program also have an excellent track record in statistics, engineering, and science and technology degrees at SUNY colleges.
The course work in this program is generally equivalent to the first two years of a typical four-year program in mathematics, and students earn SUNY general education credits.
Admission to this program requires that the student has completed MTH 175 (Precalculus) with a grade of C or higher, or high school precalculus with a grade of 83 or higher.
Courses for the mathematics degree
- SUNY general education requirements
- Calculus I, II, and III
- Discrete Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Open Electives
Admission to the mathematics degree requires that a student has:
- completed MTH 175 (Precalculus) with a grade of C or higher, or
- high school Precalculus with a grade of (B) 83 or higher, or
- MCC Level 10 Mathematics placement.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW