Earn your Associate of Science online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of Monroe CC Mathematics AS - Online
An online Mathematics A.S. from Monroe Community College can be the first half of an equation that adds up to a math bachelor's degree or 4-year degree in another field. The math program is intended for students planning to transfer to a four-year college to major in mathematics, applied mathematics, mathematics education, or statistics. Transfer students from Monroe Community College's math program also have an excellent track record in statistics, engineering, and science and technology degrees at SUNY colleges.
The course work in this program is generally equivalent to the first two years of a typical four-year program in mathematics, and students earn SUNY general education credits.
Admission to this program requires that the student has completed MTH 175 (Precalculus) with a grade of C or higher, or high school precalculus with a grade of 83 or higher.
Admission to the mathematics degree requires that a student has:
- completed MTH 175 (Precalculus) with a grade of C or higher, or
- high school Precalculus with a grade of (B) 83 or higher, or
- MCC Level 10 Mathematics placement.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
Courses you will take online
Courses for the mathematics degree include:
- SUNY general education requirements
- Calculus I, II, and III
- Discrete Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Open Electives
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW