- Designated As
- Plus Program
- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Associate of Science
- Contact Us
Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of Monroe CC Psychology AS - Online
The Psychology A.S. degree program from Monroe Community College prepares you for a future in many fields - human services, operations, not-for-profit, or education. A two-year psychology degree also prepares you to transfer to a four-year college, where you can pursue a bachelor's degree in psychology or social sciences.
The benefit of a psychology degree is its universal application across careers and interests. A solid understanding of effective communication, user behaviors, and emotional responses prepare students for careers in industries not limited to therapy and counseling. Psychology graduates pursue marketing careers, management positions, community outreach, employee assistance programs (EAP), and non-profit work.
The psychology curriculum at Monroe Community College lays the groundwork for a general understanding of psychology, from developmental and social psychology to research methods and statistics. You'll also have the opportunity to expand your knowledge with additional courses in the social and natural sciences, writing, and humanities.
Psychology courses in the associate degree program
- Intro to Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Research Methods
- Psychology Electives
Helping Others and Yourself With an Education in Social Work
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW