Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Psychology A.S. degree program prepares students for transfer to a four-year college or university and to earn a Baccalaureate degree in psychology or a related area by providing foundational courses that parallel the first two years in a four-year institution. Introductory psychology, statistics, and research methods lay a foundation for courses in areas such as developmental, social, and abnormal psychology. Students will broaden their education by taking additional courses in psychology and other social sciences, writing, humanities, and natural sciences. Students who graduate with this degree will be well-prepared for transfer to a Baccalaureate degree program in psychology. Students who transfer to a SUNY four-year institution will have met the requirements for junior standing in the psychology major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expecrted to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-need areas and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now