Earn your Associate of Science online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Psychology A.S. degree program from Monroe Community College prepares you for a future in many fields - human services, operations, not-for-profit, or education. A two-year psychology degree also prepares you to transfer to a four-year college, where you can pursue a bachelor's degree in psychology or a related field.
The benefit of a psychology degree is its universal application across careers and interests. A solid understanding of effective communication, user behaviors, and emotional responses prepare students for careers in industries not limited to therapy and counseling. Psychology graduates pursue marketing careers, management positions, community outreach, employee assistance programs (EAP), and non-profit work.
The psychology curriculum at Monroe Community College lays the groundwork for a general understanding of psychology, from developmental and social psychology to research methods and statistics. You'll also have the opportunity to expand your knowledge with additional courses in the social and natural sciences, writing, and humanities.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
Courses you will take online
Psychology courses in the associate degree program are:
- Intro to Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Research Methods
- Psychology Electives
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now