Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Healthcare Office Coordinator program is designed to give the student a background for medical office work in this electronic age.
To supplement the regular program of study, special features emphasize medical coding and billing as well as medical transcription, information processing and/or the opportunity to acquire specialized knowledge working within the front end of a medical office. Students in the Healthcare Office Coordinator degree program will have the opportunity to work with up-to-date computers and software, including Electronic Health Records systems.
Students are introduced to the various exams that may be required of them upon graduation in relation to the billing and coding occupations. Students are required to participate in an internship program their second year where they combine their education and interpersonal skills. Various required courses listed in the Proposed Curriculum structure (below) may be earned through articulation agreements between various high schools and SUNY Morrisville.
Online courses are currently in place for all of the courses in this degree; however, the general education courses could also be taken on campus if desired. No previous business education is required. Scheduling is flexible, with students being placed in courses according to the level of proficiency achieved in high school. Students are placed in the curriculum with the appropriate courses that challenge their skills and enhance their learning experience.
Graduates of the two-year Healthcare Office Coordinator program receive the associate in applied science (AAS) degree. Credits may be transferred into a variety of four-year degree programs at SUNY Morrisville or elsewhere. This program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW