Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
An A.S. degree in Food and Nutrition from Nassau Community College prepares students for careers in Nutrition Education and Dietetics. Specialized courses provide students with a wide range of knowledge in the industry. Students are exposed to current culinary laboratory and food production methods. In addition, on-the-job training is provided through a cooperative work experience program conducted with local industry professionals.
A fully equipped laboratory features all the facilities necessary for students to prepare and serve meals. Computer Labs are used to assist the students in teaching the Hotel Front Office course, the Food and Beverage Operations course and the Food and Beverage Merchandising course. A state of the art dietary analysis program prepares students for healthcare facilities.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW