Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The General Studies bachelor's degree from SUNY New Paltz is a completion program designed to meet the needs of non-traditional students who have completed over half of their credits toward graduation. In addition to basic degree, General Education, diversity and writing intensive requirements, students in General Studies will select coursework from three of the following seven Focus Areas:
- literature & writing
- social sciences
- global studies
- United States studies
- fine & performing arts
- environmental literacy, and
- general business.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW