- Designated As
- Plus Program
- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Associate of Science
- Contact Us
Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Growth in the accounting profession is expected to continue well into the next decade. An increase in global commerce, a greater focus on financial regulation and compliance, anticipated "baby-boomer" retirements and significant growth in small and family businesses all point to a rewarding career path for prospective accountants. The associate in science (A.S.) degree program in accounting from Niagara Community College is designed for students planning to transfer to a four-year institution to complete their baccalaureate degree in accounting and move into positions in private industry, public accounting, not-for-profit and governmental organizations.
NCCC offers a 63-credit hour Accounting, A.S., degree program with the purpose of providing degree candidates with a foundation in accounting, business and general education classes enabling them to transfer into a bachelor's degree program in accounting. Trends in accounting education have necessitated a program more tailored to the specific needs of the accounting student to enable proper preparation and maximization of transfer credits into accredited institutions. NCCC's Accounting, A.S., program accomplishes this goal.
Program Goals and Objectives
To prepare students for transfer into a 4-year accounting degree program.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW