Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Nassau Community College's 2-year Psychology program is curated for students who are interested in the scientific study of behavior and mental processes. Our curriculum offers introductory courses in general psychology as well as advanced subjects which investigate abnormal psychology, developmental psychology, social psychology, and methods of scientific inquiry in psychology.
Graduates are prepared to transfer into baccalaureate programs with an aim to become counselors, therapists, psychologists, and researchers.
Program Goals and Objectives:
- To develop a student's verbal and written communication skills
- To enhance critical thinking skills
- To prepare students for successful transfer to upper-level institutions in psychology
- To assist students in meeting a minimum number of SUNY General Education requirements
Program Learning Outcomes
- Identify and analyze the strengths and limitations of the scientific research methods used by psychologists
- Compare and contrast the contemporary theoretical perspectives by which behavior and mental processes are influenced.
- Differentiate among the various factors that shape and influence behavior and mental processes.
- Identify the ethical issues in the study and practice of psychology
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW