Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
North Country’s Chemical Dependency Counseling program prepares you to help individuals, families and communities coping with the scourge of addiction. In addition to course work in counseling, psychology, pharmacology, and human services, you’ll work in the field with substance abuse counselors serving the North Country. This required internship puts you on the front lines of the fight against substance abuse; participating agencies specialize in in-patient and outpatient counseling, adolescent treatment and substance abuse prevention. Graduates of the program will have fulfilled the NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services requirements to complete 350 hours of education and training, and are eligible to apply for status as a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) trainee.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW