Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Supporting children and their families is not only a critical need within our society, but also a rewarding career choice. In the Child and Family Services Program, you will gain knowledge and develop the necessary skills to provide help to families in need of support and services. The coursework within the degree provides a basis in the liberal arts as well as more focused skills such as counseling. As part of the program, students will visit community-based agencies that serve children and families and complete an internship to acquire first-hand experience in the field. These experiences will prepare you for entry-level work as well as transfer to a bachelor’s program in Social Work, Human Services, or another related field. Family advocate, social worker, child protective services, preventive services, care management worker.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW