Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Teaching Assistant Certificate provides students with the foundational knowledge and skills to assist teachers within a classroom setting. The program prepares students with coursework focused on the history, theories, and methods used in the United States educational system, verbal and written communication skills, as well as psychological and sociological theories related to education and child development. This certificate program provides a pathway for those students interested in pursuing a higher degree in education as well as the educational requirements needed for the New York State Teaching Assistant Certification (Level III).
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW